Blue Lion74 Main Street
Attractive, spacious, 17th century building, perhaps the oldest building in the village apart from the church, has been trading as pub since 1737. Large gardens front and back. The main bar is on two levels and has stone-flagged floors, plentiful beams and fireplaces at each end. Most tables are given over to diners but there is a pleasant drinking area in front of the bar. The contemporary decorative scheme works well. It's a self-proclaimed gastropub though not especially pricey and committed to local suppliers and ingredients. The menu even features its own rare-breed sheep. It makes good use of the Greene King guest list and has a rising reputation for its ales.